Monday, November 2, 2009

Nanticoke Fishing Reprort for the Week of 11/1/2009

Well everybody, here is what I promised you. A weekly Nanticoke fishing report. As long as my guys keep giving me updates every week, I will post this info (though general) on this here blog on Mondays. Enjoy!

Weather Forecast: http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.633868836177584&lon=-75.61675071716308&site=phi&smap=1&marine=1&unit=0&lg=en


Tides:
Tides.Info: Tide Predictions for Sharptown, Nanticoke River, Maryland



Current Water Temperatures: Upper stretches of both branches hovering in the low 60's while cooling at night. Main portions of the river in the high 50's and falling daily with consistent rain and wind. Broad Creek temps around 63 degrees with temps in Marshy Hope slightly higher at 64.

The catching seems a little tough lately with the windy and rainy conditions, however the fishing has not slacked off at least until Saturday. I went out with my son last Monday and the bass seemed to like a TX rigged ribbontail, but the bite was light. You had to really be paying attention. I was also scrounging around for some spots for a few hours on Saturday and I noticed the boat traffic had slowed down a lot since Monday. I tried my luck up-river and found some fish stuck on wood and playing very close submerged solids that you could not see with the water so high like it was. Crankbaits have helped me find this kind of stuff, though the fish don't want to take it. So I follow up with a soft plastic on the structure I find with the crankbait. I predict with all the precip we will be getting, the water temps will continue to fall and presentations will need to become slower and slower. But the feed bag will stay on. We'll see!

Others I chatted with who had fished this week claimed success with shakeyheads in skinny creeks and metallic colored lipless crankbaits on your steeper drops, when the current let off a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment