Monday, February 9, 2009

Changing Seasons

Okay I might be a little preemptive here, but the temps here have been... well... not freezing. So is spring (or at least the early stages) here? I know the bass have got to be active right now, trying to feed up for spawning. I was contemplating getting the boat out yesterday but this damn cold I caught is just kick'n my ass. I managed to spool up some line on a few of my rods. I spun on some of the new Stren Sonic Braid on my flipp'n rod so I am looking foward to see how improved Stren's new braided line is. Right now, the fish should be holding tight to deep structure at night and early day, then moving shallower when the sun hits and warms the water for a few hours. I would definatley have to say they are activly feeding the lakes where there are fish ladders, where anadromous bait fishes like alewife are migrating into freshwater systems to spawn. I'm not positive, but I would have to go down and look. In the river it's hard to say what these fish might be doing right now. I don't think it's really warm enough yet in the Nanticoke, but you never know. That place is as random as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment