Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Then It Ended

After December came my seasonal status with Fish and Wildlife ended. I found myself unemployed yet again and the patience of my wife wore thin yet again. I thought I could wait out the winter for the job to open again, but it never did. The awesome people that I worked with kept their eyes and ears open for though. A job had popped up on the Wildlife side, researching horseshoe crabs. Not exactly what I was looking for, but it was in the Division where I would at least been seen and known. That job was also seasonal, and only lasted for the horseshoe crab spawning season, March to May. Unemployed again and had not got a lure wet since the previous summer. Then a call came on my voice mail. It was Greg Murphy telling me about a job available with fisheries doing work with knobbed whelk and blue crabs. It wasn't largemouth bass, but it was full time. Just what I had been hoping for. I was back in fisheries and my family was again at ease as I was bringing in a steady income. Time to fish! Not quite. I guess now I will let you in on some things that I had left out on my earlier entries. I have two boys, 8 and 3 (then 7 and 2). I am originally from Chesapeake Beach, MD where my parents still reside. Having lived the year before across the country, we like to visit with them every chance we got, meaning every weekend. Tough finding time to fish with 2 little boys wanting attention and a mother seemingly deprived of her grandchildren. That's when West Virginia came into play.

No comments:

Post a Comment